NEFORD is a not-for-profit organization committed to transforming the quality of life for the rural poor and under privileged. It had its inception in November 2003 and embarked on grass root level crusade against Illiteracy, Hunger, Malnutrition & Poverty. NEFORD is dedicated to achieving sustainable economic development & preserving environment with the focus on marginal communities. Its strategy is based on the understanding that eradication of poverty and sustainable economic growth can be achieved only if poor people themselves participate in activities aimed at improving the circumstances they live in. Initiating its development activities in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, NEFORD’s area of activity extends to all over India and drawing support globally both from individuals and institutions to fight maladies afflicting the poor
Our mission is to protect and improve standard of living of small and marginal farmers, landless labourers, rural artisans, rural poor and other vulnerable sections. We strive to develop creative and sustainable solutions involving the communities, applying best management practices and modern technology. We value the role of women and children in the society, particularly in view of their contribution towards building a better world. We seek to reach out to them, taking care and improving their access to education, health care and nutrition. NEFORD seeks to build progressive, self-reliant rural communities by bridging the gap in the services provided in the villages in the areas of agriculture, health care, environment & sanitation, education, adult literacy and skills development.
Aims & Objectives
- To work for the overall development of rural community in general and for the economic upliftment of small / marginal farmers and landless labourers in particular.
- To arrange extension programs and to educate farmers in groups for technological developments on modern farming, animal husbandry etc. To arrange training in agricultural, non-agricultural and allied activities. To improve the irrigation systems. To enhance agricultural development with modern technologies and equipment.
- To draw up model plans for investment and establishment of production units for the benefit of rural people. To assist rural poor in marketing their products. To arrange for co-operative/collective marketing of agro-products.
- To create awareness on community health and family planning. To promote health & educational programs. To eradicate illiteracy, poverty and provide equality, self reliance and social justice to the poor under rural development programs. To direct efforts towards accelerating adult education as a process, a program and a movement.
- To empower the children and women with education and self-help trainings. To promote development activities for tribal & rural women. To provide economic employment to women belonging to weaker sections. To create self-employment opportunities for educated youth, by providing training.
- To work for the preservation of the environment. To create awareness about environment, and animal & bird protection.
- To facilitate and empower rural poor to improve infrastructure facilities like Housing, Sanitation, Biogas etc.
- To work for the upliftment of poor labour / dalit families with income earning programs and raising awareness among them. To encourage saving habits and inculcate the spirit of mutual help and to provide credit.
- To promote development actions of the poor at grass root level through establishing alliance of civil society organizations to influence governance and make its policies propoor.
- To promote gender and social equality.
- Holistic approach towards economic development & fighting poverty.
- Encouraging participatory methodologies & concepts.
- Promote village institutional building (Convergence, Self-Help Groups and other Focus Groups such as Youth Club, Women Club etc.) for mutual benefit of participants.
- Imparting Training & Undertaking Skill Enhancement Programs.
- Capacity Building through Community Participation.
- Establishing Partnerships & Alliances.
- Promoting synergies & coordinate activities with various local, national & international agencies.
- Developing Advocacy, Generating Awareness & Networking.
- Undertaking Volunteering Programs.
- Sustainability through Resource Mobilization.